Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blar

I am exhausted.

I do too much, to avoid dealing with old crap that happened to me when I was a kid,

so.....

when old crap comes up, I do one of two things:

1) further avoid dealing with my problems by taking on yet another task to accomplish to keep myself even busier

or

2) collapse under the weight of my self-inflicted responsibilities and old demons, and shut down.

I have recently responded in the latter fashion. I am now frantically trying to put my life back together and resume the ridiculous pace at which I normally operate.

On the bright side, I have been too busy wallowing in misery to spend much time stressing about the applications I am waiting for news on. I'm finding it amusing that I am being offered full scholarships at law schools I didn't even apply to (and some I've barely heard of), but am agonizing over every day of anticipation of the receipt of fat envelopes containing acceptance letters from the law schools I (and the rest of the world) actually want to go to.

I think I'm developing an ulcer, and I'm not even in law school yet.

2 comments:

Zach said...

hey, i know i found you once on lsn, but I've forgotten your username there--it doesn't seem to be "lawren."
what is it?
thanks, and hope you have a good thanksgiving.

Lauren said...

femmelawren

hope you had a good tgiving too